Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I want to carve a spillway slot onto my gunite spa wall

Customer Question

Hi. I want to carve a spillway slot onto my gunite spa wall (under construction) for overflowing into the adjacent pool. There is a bit of separate between the spa edge and the pool of over 12". Can you tell me how to calculate the needed slope, etc. so the water will spill to the correct location, please? I have one pump for circulation for both the pool and spa ( via a spa overpass valve). Thank you!
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

I do not quite understand the given scope, but if you are channeling water from one fixture to another, you must allow , at minimum, 1/4" per foot slope. This will depend on velocity desired at the spill over point. But 1/4" per foot is the most nonagressive drain.