Supes0
Supes0, Pump Repairman
Experience:  I have 18+ years of experience in the sales and repairs of water pumps.
52333636

My hot tub model740,serial 727740 is leaking. How can I get

Customer Question

My hot tub model740,serial 727740 is leaking. How can I get a detailed plumbing diagram?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Supes0 replied 1 year ago.

A google search for model 740 hot tub came up with a few different brands. What brand is yours?

Did you check the pump seals?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a beachcomber. I believe it is leaking around the inlet/ suction seals inside the tub. In the kick panel level. I would like to know how to remove the inlet covers so I can reseal from inside the tub instead of taking the bottom off and removing the foam insulation etc.
Expert:  Supes0 replied 1 year ago.

http://www.beachcomberhottubs.com/docs/default-source/owners%27-guide/2004_owners_guide.pdf?sfvrsn=2

This is the manual for your tub. There are some diagrams but not the detailed breakdown you're looking for. There is contact info for beachcomber in the manual though, in my experience, the only way you're going to get that level of detailed parts breakdowns is by contacting the manufacturer's tech support. I've never dealt with beachcomber, so I can't tell you how that's going to turn out, but a lot of spa companies can be very difficult to deal with. Just thank God you didn't buy a CalSpa... :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but I already have the manual. I did call beachcomber. That is why I got in touch with you.
Expert:  Supes0 replied 1 year ago.

I'll try to call them tomorrow and see if I have any luck getting a breakdown of your spa.

Expert:  Supes0 replied 1 year ago.

OK, just got off the phone with beachcomber's tech support. The plumbing diagrams they have aren't very detailed, they're just lines representing the pipe routes. I asked him if you could reseal any of the fittings from the top side and he said on some of the older models, you can for the suction fittings, but most of them need to be accessed from the bottom.

He said he'd be happy to talk to you directly, you can call(###) ###-####and ask for technical.