Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I own a Sundance 1999 Maxxus hot tub and have leaks. What's

Customer Question

Sarah, I own a Sundance 1999 Maxxus hot tub and have leaks. What's the best way to find and fix?
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have heard there is a dye you can get to troubleshoot leaks. Is this helpful or should I call a repairman. If call a repairman, I live in Poolesville, MD. Can you tell me who repairs Sundance Spas?
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

ok so to find a leak in a spa you will first need to remove all the skirting around the spa then turn up the heat to around 100 degrees so you can easily tell where the hot water is leaking out from once you get close. Get a 2 foot wooden dowel rod and start poking into the foam in different area and look at wooden dowel each time you pull it out and once you see the wooden dowel is wet you know you are in the area of the leak then you need to start digging the foam out until you get close to the leak. If the water is cold where you start digging that mean the water is traveling. Once you get close to the leak the foam will become warm and the warmer the wet foam is the closer you are. Once you are there dig out around the broken fitting or plumbing and replace. There is no easy way to find leaks. You can use a dye to add it to the water so you will see a color leaking out but the digging part will not change. You could always go to Sundance spas website and in the dealer locator enter your zip code and they will tell you where the closest dealer is to you and then call them and them come out and find the leak for you.

www.sundancespas.com