Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a Sundance Camden spa that was retrofitted with solar

Customer Question

I have a Sundance Camden spa that was retrofitted with solar water heating 2-3 years ago. Since then my power consumption has dropped by s huge amount. But there is one problem -- the "summer logic" causes the circulation pump to shut off once the water heats above 95F unless I raise the thermostat to at least equal the water temperature. But that would defeat the purpose of the solar heating, since the water heater would turn on. Is there a way to defeat this "summer logic," or at least to only have it kick in when temperature is above, say 102F rather than 95F? After all, there is no danger of spa or human damage when the water temp is 102, so it is hard to imagine why the summer logic temp limit was designed to be 95..
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS - a simple "not possible" will not be considered a satisfactory answer.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
yes it is possible. But not in program. It would be with relays added to circumvent the oem protocol How are your electronic skills?
what temp are you desiring?
Do you realize summer logic is available after 95...but only engages if set point is exceed by 2 degrees....so setting the temp at 100...logic would kick in at 102....