Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I am in the UK and have a problems with with my Dream maker

Customer Question

I am in the UK and have a problems with with my Dream maker spa,year of manufacture is 2005/6. All works OK, but all of a sudden the topside control will count up from the preset temperature of 37 degrees, 38,39, 40. And continue to flash 40 for 2 or 3 hours. During this time it is not possible to do anything with the control panel. Then it will work fine, sometimes for days without problems. The only fix has been to unplug it from the mains electric and wait 10 minutes before re plugging it back into the mains. Any ideas?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
this is a defect in the board.
There is no rhyme or reason other than it is thought that temperature of the board triggers the defect.
This does not mean the temperature is the cause...there is a weakness triggered by temperature.