Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

Calspa 6200 hot tub. Was constantly tripping breaker. Found

Customer Question

calspa 6200 hot tub. Was constantly tripping breaker. Found that breaker would not trip with heater disconnected from board. Replaced heater and breaker. Now have a Sn code on display. manual suggest bad water temp sensor or high limit (don't know what that is). The two temp sensors do not have any continuity, don't think I damaged them transferring them . Any thoughts?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

Yes the Sn code is the sensor set that is either miss wired or damaged. The temp sensor controls the thermostat settings 80-104 degrees and the high limit sensor is there to back up the temp sensor if the water temp were to get up to 110 degrees then the high limit would trip and kill power to the heater so you do not scald yourself in the water or melt the plumbing lines.

In most cases I tell my customers to replace both sensors when ever they have to replace the heater in their spa as it usually causes issues once they are removed and replaced again. I would remove and replace both of them just to be sure.