Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a maw e therm 200 (brand new). The Presure reading

Customer Question

I have a maw e therm 200 (brand new). The Presure reading from my line is 6.8 statik (the minimum for the unit is 4). We the unit kicks on is drops and lowly decreases to ) then the unit turns off. I had national grid come out to verify my 275 meter was producing enough, they told me the regulator and meter and fine and working correctly. I have one inch line going less that 20 feet to feed the unit. Pentair is saying the unit is not getting enough gass but national grid is asying it is. Any ideas?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
You may have initial volume available and pressure....but as the unit runs it consumes more than available VOLUME. I see this all the time where the gas company says standing pressure is ok...but they must measure while the unit is running.
This is best done by requesting installer AND gas company there at same time...put pressure gage on at unit....start and run and let gas company see pressure drop as the unit runs.
You can have pressure but not volume.