Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

My prologic control panel shows a communication error, how

Customer Question

Hi my prologic control panel shows a communication error, how do i get rid of that?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
The first thing I would do is turn off the breaker that feeds the power center. Wait a few minutes and then turn it back on. This should clear the error so if the error comes back immediately, you will have to address the communication issue before you can reset the error.
You haven't provided much information about what model you have but I can tell you that in most systems, this communication error from the control panel indicates that there is a lack of continuity in the wires from the control panel to the indoor unit this can happen over time with just the fraying of wires or whether or even rodents. So I would check the continuity of the wires between the 2 and if that turns out not to be the issue consider replacing the panel itself.