Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

The chlorine gas is very strong where the engine is

Customer Question

the chlorine gas is very strong where the engine is enclosed. Our pool man says we will have to use a "float" chlorine in the swimming pool. Can it not be fixed to work through the system like it always has?
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, how can I help you today? I ASSUME THAT YOU HAVE AN ENCLOSED POOL EQUIPMENT ROOM AND THE CHLORINATOR IS NOT ALLOWING THE CHLORINE TO PASS THROUGH IT. THIS IS VERY COMMON. YOU HAVE A COUPLE OF OPTIONS. (1) REPLACE THE CHLORINTOR UNIT WITH A NEW ONE. i DO NOT KNOW WHY HE IS NOT WILLING TO REPLACE THE UNIT. (2) TAKE THE EXISTING CHLORINE CONTAINER OR CHLORINATOR AS THEY ARE CALLED OUT OF THE SYSTEM AND POUR WHITE VINEGAR INTO IT AND SOAK IT OVERNIGHT TO BREAK UP THE GUNK THAT IS CLOGGING THE OUTLET. BE SURE YOU TURN THE POOL SYSTEM OFF FOR THE DURATION THAT THE CHLORINTATOR IS REMOVED OR YOU WILL FLOOD OUT.