Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I have a dreammaker hot tub model year 2012. The jets and

Customer Question

I have a dreammaker hot tub model year 2012. The jets and heater are not working. Control panels reads "dr". Manual say it a dry heater or air bubbles. Any suggestions?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

Yes DR means that there is no water through the heater. In some cases it just means that the pump has an air lock which is an air pocket inside the pump and it can not push the water through. This usually happens when you drain and refill the spa if you have not refilled it then most likely the pump is bad and you need to replace the pump that feeds water through the heater. If you did just drain and refill the spa then loosen the union on the front of the pump and try and bleed the air out then it should be fine.