Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a 40 year old anthony sylvan pool that is losing water

Customer Question

I have a 40 year old anthony sylvan pool that is losing water - in three days we lost 12 inches...where could this water be going - there are no wet spots anywhere - the pump was shut off as soon as the water got below the skimmer line..
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
hello...drop red food coloring in center..given time it will migrate to leak
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is a great advice.. thank you.. i will give it a try!. My biggest concern is that the problem is that the pipes are broken somewhere, but where? how do you determine the place if that is the case - it is all underground, and so much water disappeared and there are no wet spots anywhere, no sink holes, nothing... the pool guys want to call a diver, because they think that the water is going through the pool light, which is out of its niche, and is just dangling there and they think that the there may be a rusted out something there..... i don't know, this is such a mystery! so sad looking, we fill it up, and it disappears.... its a 40,000 gallon pool , it is big and looking empty
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
once the dye leads to a given area....then you can drain and examiine the section...usually finding the leak is the hard part.
I wish you well.