Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have two questions; the first is simple - the other difficult.What

Customer Question

I have two questions; the first is simple - the other difficult.
What is the estimate gallons of my pool - 16x32 avg depth 4.5
I am high phosphates but sparkly clean water. I also am using salt generator. Everyone tells me I MUST reduce the phosphates.. Here is my issue.
I have a cartridge filter (cx1200RE). Everytime in the past that I have tried Phos free all it seems to do is drive the pressure on my filter sky high and the circulation dwindles down to a trickle. After 3 days of trickels there is no effects on phosphates. I have even tried the "commercial" strength Phos-Free. Yes - I have tried dumping the water and starting new but even then my phosphates read high. I am concern this is going to ruin the chlorine generator. any advice (see what I have tried) .
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
9,000 gallonshave you used Phosfree chemical yet? Use reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI,Phosfree is the chemical I have tried several times in the past. This is the product that keep clogging the filters. The manufactor says "Well yeah it's not designed to work on Cartridge filters" ..
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Have you run a day or 2 without filters? Then install filters for final cleanup?