machinc
machinc, Electrical Technician
Experience:  AC/DCElectricity / Relay and apparatus/circuit reading/ 30 yrs Bell South
75209918

We had lightning strike near to our house. The breakers on

Customer Question

we had lightning strike near to our house. The breakers on the pool service where thrown. Power is back to the aquatrol box but no lights are on. The pump will not run. The control box itself is humming as if power is there.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  machinc replied 1 year ago.
I will have your answer in one moment.
Expert:  machinc replied 1 year ago.
The circuit board was most likrly danaged by the Lightning strike. It does not have to be a direct hit .The hum you're hearing is power going to the board.That however does not mean it is not damaged.damaged .You can try powering it down to see if it will restart but the control biard will most likeky need replacing.Unkess you are familiar with making reoairs on your systemyou may want to have it checked by a professional. You would also most likelyget a warranty on the new part if you dont replace it yoursekf
Expert:  machinc replied 1 year ago.
I would be glad to answer any questions you may have