poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

My Serenity spa is not heating up, and the pump is not working.

Customer Question

My Serenity spa is not heating up, and the pump is not working. Previously, the spa has been known to leak, and upon filling needed bleeding of air. I did this about a month ago, and the sap was working fine.
Recently, I returned home and the spa water level had dropped again, so I replenished the water and bled pump 1 as I had done before. Now the pump does not come on, the water is cooling and the screen show "FLO" as well as the wrench icon, which it usually does prior to me bleeding pump 1 and getting it going again. The pump 1 feels very hot to the touch, pump 2 is cool, and works in both high and low mode when activated from the touch screen
I have checked the filter and this is clean.
Not sure what to do next??
Granger
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should have said this is a Coast Spa. I switched off the power and let the pump cool, but still the same situation.
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, how can I help you today? If the pump is hot, then it's getting power to it and it is either locked up, or you've got a bad start capacitor. Either one will prevent it from running. An air lock will keep the pump from pumping, but it won't keep it from just running, like you're experiencing now. Normally to do either repair, you'll need to remove the pump from the spa. If you can post me a picture of the inside of the control area, I can walk you through getting it out to check out which item is causing the problem. Thanks, jeff