poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I'm considering a tiger river spa that may have had a power

Customer Question

I'm considering a tiger river spa that may have had a power surge and then froze this past January here in the capital area of New York. All it will cost is my time to remove it from the current owners location. All I can tell without removing panels is that the power cord burned out one of the three prongs. And I'm told it has a leak some where. What's your take on something like this? Could it be worth my time to repair and replace parts?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.
It could definitely get into some money. The biggest issue with a Watkins spa, which is hot springs, caldera and tiger river, is that they're totally foam filled. So if you get a leak that's back in the foam, toy have no way of even knowing where to start digging foam out, because you can't see the leak. Now it's also possible that the chord issue is the only electronic problem, and that's a simple fix. If you have a bad board or more, you're getting into a minimum of $300 to 500 to begin fixing something like that. It's really a crap shoot without knowing any specifics on what's actually broken. Just leery me know if there's anything else you need. I'll be happy to help. Thanks, jeff