poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have an in ground pool which has a vinyl liner. I have had

Customer Question

I have an in ground pool which has a vinyl liner. I have had a sparkling clean pool water. Then overnight it turned very green. My son put 120 dollars worth of supplies according to a pool supplier into the pool. It did not help. I had a similar problem two years ago and it was cleared up by metal ion remover. Is this the same problem and where does the metal ions come from?
thank you Oscar
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.
I have seen a pool turn green very quickly form 2 different things, copper as you stated using a metal remover will take care of it, and Phosphates these are usually found in fertilizer etc. if you use a landscaper or your neighbors do some of the yard treatments can blow into the pool water through the air and put phosphates in the water their is a product called NO-PHOS that eliminates this level in pool water and that would help as well, I would take a sample of pool water to a different company and have them test for metals and Phosphates.