Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Outdoor pool equipment Jandy Aqua Link RS Purelink w/ PDA

Customer Question

outdoor pool equipment Jandy Aqua Link RS Purelink w/ PDA remote control Yesterday I woke up to find the pool functions not operating correctly; the blower for thr jacuzzi was on as was the sheer decent feature. Neither are programmed to be on. I tried
the PDA to shut them off but the devise would not connect. The control box panel did not reflect that these features wer on, only the Auto light was on. To shut them off I had to trip the breaker on the control box. I waited a couple of minutes and turned
on the breaker, nothing cam on except a bzzing sound from the control box. The PDA did not connect. I turned off the contol box, replaced the 9V battery and tried again, same results. I turned off the breaker again. When I turned it on, the same buzzing sound
and no lights on the control panel. It would not turn on. I turned it off over night. I just turned the breaker back on and after a short delay, all features have turned on; sheer decent, blower in jacuzzi, and now the spa heater as well. The control panel
shows only the Auto light on. The PDA connects but shows all the features above, including pool and spa modes ARE off. What is the root cause here?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
It sounds like there is a fault with the control board inside the control box.
An electronic component may have shorted out or blown.
The control board will need to be replaced.