TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience:  15 yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
64889713

I have just recently got a hand-me down hot tub. I plugged

Customer Question

I have just recently got a hand-me down hot tub. I plugged it in after filling, and the first thing that happens is three dashes are displayed on the led screen, and the thermometer light is blinking. I thought all was well until the FLO error.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The hot tub is a Bahama Spa Treasure Cay model. I am currently running it as 110v, and wired into an outlet GFCI 20a breaker. The I believe it is a XE for the heater.
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.
Ok well to start the 3 dashes is called watchdog and it usually means the sensors are out of calibration or defective. To start with I would replace the thermostat and high limit sensor and then see if it runs OK as for the FLO code that usually means not enough flow of water through heater this can simply be an air pocket in the pump, loosen the union on the front of the pump to release the air in system and then turn spa back on and see if FLO goes away after that if it still displays FLO try a new filter. The temp sensor and high limit are both associated with the heater so they usually will be located on or near the heater. If you have the circuit board type control box look on the board for where the sensors plug in then trace wires back to probe's.
Expert:  TheHotTubGuy replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
My name is***** do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.
The first thing you must do is verify if pump 1 is flowing properly. It will run 2speeds, low and high. Water must flow through the heater sufficiently to heat. You can easily tell if the jets are working or not.
If the flow is good, then the heater is suspect. The xe systems do not have a replaceable flow or pressure switch. There is a removable panel directly above the heater. Inside is the in.flo cable from the heater that plugs into the control box. Make sure that is plugged in correctly...unplug it and plug it back in firmly.
If the flow is good and the jets are working low and high speeds and the flo error will not go away, you will need to replace the heater assembly.
The tub must run in low speed when starting it up and whenever heating/filtering. Your issue will be the pump not working correctly, loose connection at the in.flo cable, or bad heater assembly.
Standing by,
Todd