Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I have a Saratoga spa that's a around 12 years old and the

Customer Question

I have a Saratoga spa that's a around 12 years old and the temperature will say around 100 when its only around 86. I've replaced the heating element and temperature sensor and the heater came with a new pressure sensor. Any ideas?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Is the water flow stalling through unit to where it overheats in the discharge?

Use reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't notice anything of that sort.
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.
One thing to be sure of is that you have the spa in Standard mode. Most spas have 3 settings:Economy- will only heat during a filter cycleSleep- No operation of spa. Do not use this settingStandard- Optimal setting for normal filtration and the heat is controlled by the thermostat.If you have your spa in Economy mode you are only energizing the heater during a filter cycle which can be only 2-4 hrs a day and it can appear that the heater is not working. Usually you will see that water temperature displayed in the topside and flash an Ec then temp and so on this means economy, refer to your user manual to see how to switch filter MODES.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
That still doesn't answer my question as to why the temperature shows 100 on the panel when its actually only 86. In terms of manuals the Spa was second hand so I do not have one and unfortunately Balboa doesn't provide a manual for the control pack. The control pack is only a few years old and the heater is brand new so this is very frustrating.