TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience:  15 yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
64889713

My 1997 coleman horizon 450 runs and pumps till the air pump

Customer Question

My 1997 coleman horizon 450 runs and pumps till the air pump starts then 50 amp main breaker trips. how can I fix it?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  TheHotTubGuy replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
My name is*****'ll do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.

Hello.

It sounds like you have a wet blower. The Coleman tubs usually mounted their blowers off the floor on brackets attached to the inside frame. There are 2 ways the blower can get wet. The most common way is for a air check valve to fail, this may occur when refilling if the water is allowed to get very high or overflow. It shouldn't happen...but an old check valve may not be able to seal 100%. The other way is water splashing or spraying onto the blower....like from a broken pump union?

I suggest unplugging the blower from the control box for a couple days. Plug it back in and see if it still trips the breaker. If it works, run it for a while to help dry it out completely. Often they need some time to dry out.

It's possible the blower is bad or wet and will not ever work again, but usually they do.

If it still trips the breaker after a week, replace the blower. It has had a good long life.

Standing by,

Todd