Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  i have been doing plumbing work for 20 years with alot of experience in service work
64367226

I just purchased a home with a Steamist SM46 or SM79 unit.

Customer Question

I just purchased a home with a Steamist SM46 or SM79 unit. The control unit is located in the shower enclosure. I can only adjust the temperature but not the time. It times out at 30 minutes and that does not give it enough time to reach the desired temps.
Can the unit be programmed to stay on for at least 60 minutes? If so, how do I do it?
Thanks, *****
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Unfortunately the unit will only run for 30 minutes with the SMC-150 controller. The TC-150 controller runs for 60 minutes. I am not absolutely sure those are the correct model numbers for the controllers but you can confirm when ordering from Steamist. The controller is very easy to replace. It is siliconed to the wall so you would pull it off the wall and it is connected with a phone like connector (back in the 20th century we had phone cables that connected to the wall, if you are unfamiliar then consult someone from the 20th century). The cable connects like an ethernet cable then you just silicone the controller back to the wall. The controller will come with a little tube of silicone also. Forgive my attempt at being funny. I am much funnier not in text!