Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have an electric motor, Pentair Superflo 2 phase 2/

Customer Question

Hello, I have an electric motor, Pentair Superflo 2 phase 2/ .25 hp model #177456. When I attempt to energize the motor just clicks, the control module clicks as well, but it always clicks. To keep the filtration going, I took the spa pump, which is the
same type of motor and moved it over to the filter position . I left the wiring from spa connected, so to filter the pool I turn on the spa. I took the front of the pump off, the motor spins freely. I'm going to check the power from the module to the pump,
( I'm assuming it works due to the motor clicking, but I still need to check). I also pulled the capacitor off and put it on the working one to see if it was the problem, it wasn't. The spa motor took off with the other capacitor, no problem. I don't have
enough working room where the motors are positioned, so that's why I pulled it out to do more checking, (the location of the pool equipment is right up against a block lite wall. When I took the wires off the back of the motor that wasn't working I noticed
a small relay or circuit breaker above the wire within the motor. How would I go about checking if power is getting to the inside of the motor? Where should I start? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you Michael Ferrell.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I made an error it is a single phase motor.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
at the wiring you can access to the motor...do you have total 220v hot to hot? Do not measure hot to ground.
Use reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, more like 203V.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Please go back to breaker point of origin...and tell me what the power is leaving the breaker.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 236v
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Keep tracing power to next junction and/or switch...find where we lose 33 volts at