TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience:  15 yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
64889713

The lights don't work on my 2004 LA Spas HEET H82121. Was hoping

Customer Question

The lights don't work on my 2004 LA Spas HEET H82121. Was hoping for some ideas on how to troubleshoot it.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  TheHotTubGuy replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
My name is*****'ll do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.

Does your tub use a standard incandescent light or a light box with a color wheel?

The indicator in the display means the light should be working. I would check the light wires from end to end for critter damage. If you have the normal light, it will be in a fixture held in by a plastic reflector. If you can access the fixture, the light bulb will twist out/in that reflector. You may just have a bad bulb, or a bad connection at the harness/bulb.

If you have the color wheel, you may have a bad connection in the bulb/socket in the light box.

Some light fixtures are front access only and that is much more difficult and will require the tub to be drained and maybe a new lens and/or oring. There is also a special tool for removing the lens in these applications.

Usually the light is accessible from the equipment area. You may have to cut or open an access in the plastic liner separating the equipment from the plumbing and foam.

If you would like to send pictures of what you have, it may be very helpful.

Standing by,

Todd