poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I'm having a problem with a Hayward 100ID1 pool

Customer Question

I'm having a problem with a Hayward 100ID1 pool heater. Burners will not stay lite. Burners will stay on for anywhere from 5 to 20 minuets. A friend (handy man more of a furnace guy than a pool heater guy)looked at heater and thinks it's a bad control module. He replaced igniter cable with automotive spark plug cable (pool stores were closed and the only store open was auto parts store) He claims cable should not make a difference, but cable is "arcing". After reading your post, I sanded igniter and grounded heater. Heater was not grounded. After cleaning igniter with sand paper, it seem to help but burners only stayed on for 20 minuets or so. Before I spend the money ($225)for a new control module I'm contemplating changing igniter cable and igniter ($50). What do you recommend doing? I look forward to your reply.
Thanks,
Tony
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.
Do you still need help?