garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

I Have Pool that will no longer shut

Customer Question

Hello my name is Kirk! I Have Pool that will no longer shut itself off with my PDA and worse it wont shut down when i push service or other button! Only shuts pump off if i throw the breaker! It is a Jandy Aqua Link RS the inside box electrical says A06RSCMH1749! I am looking online and that AO6RSCMH1740 starts at over $600. Is their a small more reasonable circuit board available that could possibly fix my problem? All other functions work on PDA so i assume it is not mt PDA? Advice appreciated Kirk F.**********
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kirk:
My name is***** be glad to help with your Jandy system.
Before you consider getting a circuit board I would like you to check this first:
Go to the outdoor power center and remove the inner panel. You will see a group of relays. Find the relay that connects to the pump you are unable to shut off. Carefully examine the wiring to this relay. Disconnect power to the outdoor power center, and temporarily swap this relay with a known working relay.
Now, try shutting the pump off with your PDA, or in service mode. If the pump successfully shuts off, you will only need to replace the relay. This will be much cheaper than a new circuit board!!
Let me know what you find out. Just post it here, and I will reply back within 24 hours. Thank you, Garry