TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience:  15 yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
64889713

We are getting an F1 error code on our Master Spa 1999, Serial#SO4159

Customer Question

We are getting an F1 error code on our Master Spa 1999, Serial#SO4159 (hard to read #, has gotten wet, The 04159 is correct, the 2 preceeding #'s cannot read well?) I think the Model # ***** ***** but again, Could be a worn # ***** front of it???. Another # ***** the plate off the outside of the unit is 66T9??
I get this error code and then the spa stops running completely. If I unplug it and reset it,
it will run again but then give me the code again and shut down again?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  TheHotTubGuy replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
My name is***** do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.
You are getting a flow error. This can be a bad pressure switch or a problem with pump1 not flowing. Your tub may have a dedicated circulation pump just for heating/filtering independent of the jet pumps.
In either setup (pump1 low speed or dedicated circulation pump for heating) you are not getting water flowing through the heater sufficient to activate the pressure switch or the switch is bad.
Can you tell me if your tubs heats/filters using pump1 on low speed, or does your tub have a smaller pump attached to the heater independent of the jet pumps?
Are you able to tell if this pump is flowing or even running after you first power it up?
Do you have access to the equipment and control box?
Are you able to do some visual and simple voltage checks with a multimeter? Is this something you are comfortable with?
Pics of the equipment, circuit board, and topside control may be helpful. The pressure switch is installed into the metal heater tube usually inside the control box. You will probably need to access this to troubleshoot.
Just reply when you are able or wish to continue.
Standing by,
Todd
Standing by,
Todd
Do you have an update or wish to continue? Have I answered your question?
Standing by,
Todd