TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience:  15 yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
64889713

I'm the same person you helped with the defective circulation

Customer Question

Hi, I'm the same person you helped with the defective circulation pump on my Royal Spa "Majesty". I have a new problem that I'm hoping you can help me with. While I was in it this past weekend one of the jets blew off. There is very little pressure coming out of the rest of the jets and extremely high pressure coming from the hole where the jet came off. I tried putting it back on with no luck. I removed a couple of the other jets to see if they were somehow plugged but they looked fine. The jet that came off is the one closest to the filter. It doesn't look like the rest of them (not sure if it's considered a jet?) I can send you a picture if you need me to. Any suggestions on where I can start to troubleshoot this?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  TheHotTubGuy replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
My name is***** do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.
Some pics would be very helpful.
I'm guessing you have a diverter jet that has popped out. These are large jets that you can rotate to change what jets run. Usually one setting allows this 1 jet to flow full power. There are 2,3,and 4, way diveter jets.
This would explain the loss of pressure at the remaining jets.
Standing by,
Todd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are some pictures of the diverter jet. I don't see any damage or wear on it. Is this something that can be repaired or will I need to replace it?
Thanks for the pics.
That is a diverter jet and it has popped out.
The face of the jet slides in/out on the jet internal. Turn off the tub before putting this back in.
Pull/slide the face as far forward on the jet internal as you can.
Now, insert it back into the jet body and carefully turn it clockwise. You must get that white threaded ring on the jet internal to tighten into the female threads inside the jet body. Once it is tight it should rotate freely to change the jets/seats.
Sometimes that white ring with the male threads will warp or wear out and will not hold the jet in. Yours looks okay in the pics. You will want to keep the face slid forward while installing the jet back in the body and once it's tight, you can slide/push the face back in flush to the tub wall.
If you need a new jet the part number is: (###) ###-####Waterway Quad-Flo internal swim jet-gray
If you have any further question just let me know.
Have a nice day,
Todd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried what you suggested. It appears that the threads are worn out. I can't get it tight. It feels like it's getting tight but then it brakes loose. I tried stopping right before it brakes loose but it has no retention (it shoots out as soon as I turn the jets on). I will try replacing it. Thank you.
Okay, I know the frustration that causes. Almost...then strips.
I remembered another option. Check these out, feel free to use another source. You can replace the threaded part much cheaper and reuse the expensive jet.
http://www.hottubworks.com/part-2-219-4510-item-hottub-jet.php
http://www.hottubworks.com/part-2-219-4500-item-hottub-jet.php
Yours will match one of these. You can search using those part numbers. There is a retaining clip that allows the swapping of the threaded ring.
Have I answered your question thoroughly?
Good luck and happy hot tubin',
Todd
Do you have an update or wish to continue? Have I answered your question?
Standing by,
Todd