The_Home_Smithy
The_Home_Smithy, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman Carpenter Builder Over 30 years in the trades.
3079445

I attempted to change my 9 volt battery in my Aqualink RS4

Customer Question

I attempted to change my 9 volt battery in my Aqualink RS4 outdoor control panel. One of the small wires in the cap fell off spontaneously and the entire system shut down with no power to the panel. All circuit breakers are engaged but all screens remain dark without power. Since this little battery just is a backup to the time indicator, what happened and how can I get my pump to start working again?
Thank you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  The_Home_Smithy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer.
If there was power to the unit when you went to replace the back up battery then then wire shorted out and has damaged the controller. Unfortunately this is not something that can be repaired as a DIY project. The board must be diagnosed and repaired by a competent repair facility.
Please copy and paste to your browsers address line the URL below to go to the web page of a repair facility. They will be able to diagnose and repair your controller for a reasonable fee.
http://blog.applianceboards.com/troubleshooting/6700-rev-c-on-jandyblue-haven-rs4rs6rs8-remote-or-power-center/
If there is anything else I can do for you, or you need additional information, just let me know. I will be happy to answer any follow up questions at no additional cost.
If I have answered your question please, select a positive rating at this time.
Please, understand that you have only made a good faith deposit with the promise that you will transfer a portion of it to my account for my time and knowledge answering your question.
If you do not click on a positive rating I am not compensated for answering your question and the web site retains the full amount of your deposit.
Thank you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**