Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

System 3 modular media filter S7M120 installed in 1994. Took

Customer Question

System 3 modular media filter S7M120 installed in 1994. Took apart to clean filters, put back together, no leaking but when I turn it back on it seems to take a long time to pressurize and I turn it off because I get scared something is wrong and it's going to blow up on me. My husband always took care of this but since his passing, I'm trying to do it myself. How long should it take to start pressurizing?
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey, where's the answer to my question from yesterday??!!
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, how can I help you today? Hello don't be scared as long as the pressure gauge on the filter is working properly you will be fine, those filters have a big tank to fill so it may take a minute or two or three to fill up, there should be an air relief on the top of the tank that you should open to let the air out as the tank fills with water once water shoots out of the air bleed close the air bleed and record the pressure on the gauge this will be you standard operating pressure, rule of thumb is when the pressure in your filter rises up 10-15 psi from its standard operating pressure then it is time to clean the filters. Most filters will operate safely at any pressure under say 30 psi once you hit 30 psi then you would have the potential for the tank to blow.