Jerry, Technician
Experience:  owned and operated spa and pool retail store for 12 yrs
34748161

Jerry, We have a Lars pool heater that is giving a air

Customer Question

Hi Jerry,
We have a Lars pool heater that is giving a air flow service message. Fires up and then quits. Anything I can do myself to get it running. It's the weekend and I have a houseful of company!
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome.
The air flow error has to do with the fan that kicks on to get the exhaust gases out of the heater, this switch has to prove that there is air flow before lighting the burner. You will need to first listen to see if you hear the fan running, if not then it could just be corroded and need helped a little the first time.
If the fan is running you can check the exhaust path from the fan all the way to the outlet, making sure there are no obstructions such as bees nest, mouse nest, leaves etc.
Let me know if you have any further questions.