Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

While running electrical conduit into our Sundance Maxxus (2006)

Customer Question

While running electrical conduit into our Sundance Maxxus (2006) used spa, we broke off a hose and what appears to be a 'bypass' fitting. Can you provide us options on the best way to fix this? I can provide pictures.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
adding pics
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, how can I help you today? I see this is an air relief fitting for the pump. It is used to push any air out of the pump so it does not get air bound. This is common no worries, you will need to replace this pump plug adapter with a new one. Take a flat head screwdriver and heat up the tip so it is good and hot then stick the screwdriver into the broken piece on the pump and this will slightly melt into the fitting then you can turn counter clockwise and un-screw the rest of the fitting that is stuck in the pump. Then just screw in the new fitting and re-attach the hose and clamp. You may need to heat up the hose that still has the broken nipple in it but be careful not to catch it on fire. here is a link to the part.
http://www.pool-spa-supplies.com/waterway-pvc-adapter-3-8-mipt-x-3-8-ribbed-barb-413-1201?