TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience:  15 yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
64889713

I have a millennium spa and one of my diverters has broken

Customer Question

I have a millennium spa and one of my diverters has broken at the top and when pump 2 is turned on it spit out the sides need a new diverter completely?
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lost connection
Expert:  TheHotTubGuy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.
Most diverter valves are make by 3 companies, and in most cases you can repair them with new parts from above.
Some diverters are not top serviceable. I will need good pics of what you have to give you specific help in how to fix and if parts are available.
Usually the diverters consist of a handle/knob, which you turn it with, a cover that unscrews, and a core. Handles commonly break and sometimes the core stem will break off. Water spraying out the top when the pump is on is either a broken core stem, cracked, loose, or bad cap or cap o-ring.
In most cases you can remove the core/rotor, cap, and handle and replace them with new parts and o-rings. You may or many not match them exactly with what the maker used because some are molded in OEM colors and handle/top designs.
You may not match the looks exactly, but the working parts are the same. Once I can see what you have, then I can be specific.
The easiest thing to do is find a new complete valve assembly that matches the looks/color of what you have and use that to rebuild yours.
Now..if you have a cracked valve body, that is a whole other ball game. Normally this is only in extreme freeze damage situations will you see that, usually it's a pretty simple fix with the right parts.
Remember to shut the tub off before servicing the valve or removing the cap. You can get quite a face full or water if not careful.
If you pry up and lift off the handle, then unscrew the cap, you can remove the core and then the parts can be identified. If you can send me good pics of what you have (as many as needed of all parts), I will try to find you repair parts and explain how to fix it.
Standing by,
Todd