poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a blue ridge spa and a hose is not connected but I cannot

Customer Question

I have a blue ridge spa and a hose is not connected but I cannot find where it goes
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a small hose that goes into a tee fitting. I see where the other 2 hoses off the tee fitting go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, how can I help you today? Can you see where the other two hoses are going?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes sir. They go yo the 2 small fittings in picture
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.
ok, those are either your circ pump injectors or ozone injection. A circ pump uses 3/4 inch clear tubing lines. An ozonator uses smaller 3/8 inch clear tubing . Any idea what size they are? A picture of the equipment compartment would help immensely also. Thanks, jeff
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would say 3/8. I attached a couple of pictures
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Equipment compartment
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.
That looks like the hoses for the ozonator then. All spas are set up for one, but not all spas have an ozonator. Have toy seen anything that says that on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir I have not. I looked all around the compartment after you said that. However I cannot find one. I see the control panel, heater, and 2 pumps. When I put water in tub it comes out that 3/8 hose so I'm assuming it was there at one time. We just bought this house last month and trying to get it operating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Without the ozonator, where would that hose connect to or do they get blocked off
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.
Well, without the ozonator, that hose is normally coiled up and looped up high inside the bottom side of the spa cabinet so that it's higher than the water level. There should also be a small check valve in it that keeps the water from coming out. Basically if you loop it high, then put a bolt or anything in the end of it with a clamp on it to keep it from leaking, you can just leave it that way since it's of no use without an ozonator. It's basically a dead line that's not needed.