Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

Hayward h100id pool heater. Fan comes on but won't ignite.

Customer Question

Hayward h100id pool heater. Fan comes on but won't ignite. Bypassed air pressure valve and it ignites but very little heat and exhaust stinks and has some light smoke.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue

Sounds like the heat exchanger may be dirty and/or the blower may be weak/failing. The first thing I would do is remove the blower and vacuum out the heat exchanger. I'd also remove and clean the burners. If that doesn't work you you may need a new blower but to confirm this really need to put a manometer on the draft to check it. Here is a copy of the manual for your unit. Refer to the parts diagram and the blower replacement directions on page 6 for insight into how to approach this.

https://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/H-series-H100ID1-ABG1001.pdf