TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience:  15 yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
64889713

When I push jet 2 it just clicks

Customer Question

when I push jet 2 it just clicks
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a clearwater spawhen I push jet 1 works as normal jet 2 button should turn on more jets but does not
Expert:  TheHotTubGuy replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
My name is ***** ***** allow me a moment to review your question thoroughly.I'll do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.
What is the control system or make/model/yr of your hot tub?
Good pics are worth a thousand words.
Usually you will have a bad fuse in the situation. If you sometimes hear a buzz or hum temporarily from pump 2 followed by a period of silence...repeat, then you have an issue in your pump 2 motor.
Once I know what system and tub you have, I can give better help. If you in anyway in doubt of the fuses, and you have 2 fuses the same on the board (pump 1/pump2 usually 30 or 25amp side by side) you can power off the breaker and swap those and try again. If you have a bad fuse, pump 2 will now do something and pump 1 will not.
There will usually be a schematic on the back of the control box cover that is helpful in identifying the pump fuses.
If you something older I will need more details to help you better.
Standing by,
Todd
Standing by,
Todd
If your tub is an older Clearwater, you may have air buttons and a mechanical control system. If that is the case, it may be a simple airswitch.
The information above is primarily for systems after mid 90's with electronic controls and circuit boards.
Standing by,
Todd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 clearwater
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the wiring diagram there is a pump 1 and a pump c
I am unable to give you any better answer until I can verify what circuit board you have. Unfortunately Clearwater's manuals do not include any board or schematic info as to what brand/type of control system you have.
In any case you have something made by Gecko or Balboa and in an '06 model you should have a 30 or 25 amp fuse for each pump. They are about the size of a cigarette butt and usually have a green label. If you switch the 2 fuses, you should tell if pump 2 now works or not. If so, take the bad fuse with you to a hardware and get an exact replacement and you should be back in business.
If you send pics of your board, I can give you a precise location of the fuses to check.
The pump relay on the board is most likely the click you hear. If the fuse for pump 2 is bad, you will hear the relay click, however, no power will be sent to the pump. If you hear any noise or sound from the pump when on even sometimes temporarily, you may have an issue with the motor, not the fuse.
Standing by,
Todd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Baloa
Have you accessed the equipment and opened the control box to check or replace any fuse/fuses yet?
Balboa makes many different systems by I suspect the fuses I am referring to will be in the upper left quadrant of the circuit board.
Standing by,
Todd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have it looks like I only have 1 pump 2 speeds maybe?
I am going to need you to explain exactly what you mean by
when I push jet 2 it just clicks
Please be detailed.
Standing by,
Todd