Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Jandy PDA model # ***** New batteries were installed

Customer Question

I have a Jandy PDA model # ***** New batteries were installed and unit turned on and off twice. Now it does not turn on when On/Off button is pushed. Can I just replace the on/off switch? How do I take apart? **********
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I suggest that you first try blowing compressed air into the power switch.
It may not need replacing, you see - it may just have gotten a little bit of dirt or corrosion into its finer workings.
Another explanation, unfortunately, is that the PDA has simply 'died', become broken spontaneously in its control circuitry, thus becoming incapable of turning On.
Is it new? if so, it might be repaired, or replaced, under warranty, if less than a year old.
If not new, then the other factor is those new batteries. Perhaps they are weak, or if there's more than one, then one of them may have suffered a spontaneous failure and/or increase of internal resistance, blocking the others... a thing that can happen. Batteries aren't always perfect. So you might want to try replacing *all* those new batteries, and seeing if that makes the difference, at least for now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prior to contacting JustAnswer, I tried to contact Jandy technical service. After receiving the answer from JustAnswer, Jandy tech service responded and stated that the PDA is water tight and can not be repaired if it is not the batteries. Thus air is not capable of being used to clear any debris behind the On/Off switch.I do not think the service was worth what I Paid and would like a refund.