Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a Pentair 400 DV heater. I have a pool with

Customer Question

I have a Pentair 400 DV heater. I have a pool with an attached spa. The heater works except when I cycle to spa, the heater cuts off. All the lights on the panel look OK. It works OK with the pool heat selected, but as soon as I press switch to cycle valves for spa only, the heater shuts off. If the heater is cycled on, although not running with spa selected, as soon as I cycle spa off, the heater will kick on. If heater is on in pool mode, as soon as I cycle spa, the heater cuts off. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Barry
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Pentair MiniMax NT 400 DV heater.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
when spa is selected is the pump running or is shutting down?
use reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Billy...thanks for reply but I asked question 2 days ago and didn't hear anything so I looked at wiring diagrams and did some checks. I solved the problem. I had a concrete pad installed for my pool equipment and the installers had to disconnect the heater to move it to pour pad. When they reconnected the heater, they mis-wired the 3 wire controls. They had low temp wire to ground and ground to low temp on the control panel in the heater. I switched wires back to correct position and everything is working correctly. Thanks for your reply.