TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience:  15 yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
64889713

Dimension One Spa _ 1999 Californian is overheating. I have

Customer Question

Dimension One Spa _ 1999 Californian is overheating. I have set the temp to 95 and the water is very hot - temperature reading on the spa center indicates 109
Water is clean and filters are good - spa is working fine except for the heating issue.
Thanks.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  TheHotTubGuy replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** allow me a moment to review your question thoroughly.I'll do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.
There are 2 possible ways the water is over-heating:
1. The jet pump/pumps are running too many hours. This can be from setting the filter cycles too long.
2. The heater is not shutting off when it should.
Your spa uses a dedicated circulation pump for the heat. This will circulate 24/7 and heats independently from the jets running or not. So, on your tub it is possible for a heater relay to stick closed when in fact the control have called for the heat to shut off. Since you have 24/7 flow from the circ. pump, you will not get a flow error or OH error like spas that use timed pumps.
On your topside control there is a heat indicator light on the right that will come on when the heat is supposed to be on. If you have the tub set at 95F and it's heating to 109, if the controls are working properly you will see that the heat light on the topside should be off. If off, and still getting hotter than the set temp., either your large pumps must be running or the heater is stuck on due to a worn out relay on the circuit board. Once the tub reaches 110F the hi limit will disable the heater completely and shut the tub down until it cools.
Your tub goes to 106F thanks to D1. See if you can get the temp as low as you can by adding some hose water. Then scroll the heat to 106F and watch for the heat light to go out on the topside at 106-107.
If you feel the jet pumps are running too much, power off the system and restart it. This will reset the filter cycles to default 1hr 2X a day.
Update me on what happens and we can continue to troubleshoot.
Standing by,
Todd
Any update?
Standing by,
Todd