TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience:  15 yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
64889713

I have a Sundance Capri. Today I turned off the power, drained

Customer Question

I have a Sundance Capri. Today I turned off the power, drained it, cleaned it, and refilled it. Then turned the power back on and the spa will not turn on. Checked the breaker, it's fine. I turned it off via a gizmo that I pull out from the outdoor circuit. Put it back it exactly as it was when I pulled it out.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  TheHotTubGuy replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** allow me a moment to review your question thoroughly. I'll do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.
Are you using a gfci circuit breaker for you tub? These breakers are required and have a test button on them. When the breaker is on, push the test button, the breaker should snap off. If so, turn it completely off and back on to reset it.
The gizmo I assume is a outdoor disconnect like you may find on an air conditioner unit...it is a quick disconnect. Make certain you placing the handle back in correctly, it's very easy to have it upside down. It must make a tight connection and not be loose...they do wear out sometimes.
If you have a test meter, check the incoming voltage to the tub in the control box. You should have 240v across line 1 and line 2 (usually large black and red wires). You must also have 120v across line 1 and neutral as well as line 2 and neutral. Disregard the neutral testing if your tub does not use one. Most Sundance are straight 240v and don't use a neutral wire.
If the voltage is correct at the tub, check for a blown fuse. Usually there is some fuse between the circuit board and the terminal block where the power is connected. This will cause what is happening, also. If you are fairly sure power is getting to the tub correctly and have no way to test this fuse, just replace it with a new one that is the same.
Standing by,
Todd
Any update?
Standing by,
Todd