TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience:  15 yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
64889713

We had emptied out 2001 Sumatran earlier this week. We had

Customer Question

We had emptied out 2001 Sumatran earlier this week. We had put some fix a leak in it and ran it thru. The directions said to let it cure for 4-5 days. Filled it up today and turned the power back on now the power light is flashing and the spa will not work
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  TheHotTubGuy replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
My name is ***** ***** allow me a moment to review your question thoroughly.I'll do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.

Okay, you may have caused some other issue using fixaleak. I suspect you have a circ pump issue now because of it. Did you leave the filter out do this? If not, remove the filter and try again.

If you removed the filter and it ran prior to adding the fixaleak, you will need to remove the circ. pump and try to clean it out. Or replace it.

The power light flashing is a hi-limit trip. Most of time it is because of no or poor water flow through the heater. The small circ pumps in there are magnet driven and possibly the fixaleak gummed it up and now it is unable to start or run properly.

I am not sure who advised you to use that product, I have never seen it do anything good to a hot tub after using it. I would never recommend it or use it. Whatever your leak/leaks are, they need to be addressed and repaired properly.

Remove the circ pump and open it up to clean it. You will need a 3mm allen wrench and some CLR type product to clean it out with. Do not scrap and scratch the inside bowl with metal objects. If you have a newer E5 model circ, it just unscrews to open with a collar.

Standing by,

Todd
Any update?

Standing by,

Todd