Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Jandy PDA is showing a temperature of 180 F. the heater,

Customer Question

my Jandy PDA is showing a temperature of 180 F. the heater, and the control panel show 82 which is correct. The heater won't turn on since it's controlled by the PDA. how do I align the temperature on the PDA to the actual pool temp?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 1 year ago.
Hi:
My name is Garry. Before I am able to assist you, I need to know if the control panel you are referring to is the indoor control for your Jandy system, or the control panel on your heater?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the control panel i'm referring to is the wall mounted box (Aqualink Rs). Also, the heater itself shows the same temperature as the Aqualink box.
OK. My thought was that you could have a faulty 10K temp sensor for your Jandy system. But if the Aqualink is showing the correct temp, then it may be some other issue.
I'll opt out so your question could be available for another tech to help with this. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any other suggestions? thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any help from anyone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please cancel my account. no response won't do.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I'm sorry that your question was left with no response for a while.
If you can, try turning Off the Aqualink box.
Then see if the 'temperature registered' still reads 180 F.
If so, the J***** *****dheld / remote is not connected to the Aqualink... and the Not Connected status reading would appear to be 180 F.
If so, then turn the Aqualink box On again, wait a bit, then try connecting the J***** *****dheld to it again. If that doesn't work / doesn't change anything, your J***** *****dheld / remote could be defective. (Or need new batteries, perhaps?)
Let me know your thoughts please. Thanks.