Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a Jandy LAARS LT400N-L pool heater that will not start

Customer Question

I have a Jandy LAARS LT400N-L pool heater that will not start due to Low Pressure alarm. Water flow through heater is good. I can clear the alarm with reset, but the alarm immediately returns when I try to start the heater. The heater was installed in August 2005. Beginning several years ago the heater would not work in the pool mode but it was just recently that the low pressure alarm also came on in the spa mode.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Check the tubing connected to the pressure switch. Be sure it's unobstructed. Also check where the tubing connects to the header for obstructions. If the tubing and connection is clear you may have a faulty switch. Here is a link to the manual so you can see the parts.http://edc.poolsupplyworld.com/wpdf/jandylxltpoolheater-manual.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get the top off the water heater so I can get to the water switch?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Manual page 11