poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

We own a RayPack 2100 r185 MN. We are trying to light the furnace for

Customer Question

We own a RayPack 2100 r185 MN. We are trying to light the furnace for the pool heater.
I followed all of the steps for lighting the pilot light, and turned on the power switch and then turned up the temp gauge. Nothing happens. I realize this is an older unit. The burners will not light at all. It does not make any noise with the power is turned on. So we are not sure if it even has power. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Does your unit have electronic ignition? If so does it have a Honeywell ignition control? once the pilot is lit do you still hear a ticking noise? do you have a multi-meter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no noise coming from it at all. no ticking, nothing. I am not sure if is electrical or not. There is no wiring running to it.
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
There is no wiring running to the pilot burner? do you have a multi- meter?
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
You had to light the pilot with a match?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes had that to light with a match.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no wiring outside of the unit. there is a couple so small wires that run up to the temp control, and the on and off switch. but that is it.
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
I still need an answer to my multi-meter question. Do you have one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
whats that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry, just bought the house a year ago. I know nothing about pools
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a multi-meter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes the pump is running
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Ok, since the only specs I have are for the more current version that has electronic ignition and since you don't have a meter to test the control circuit there isn't much I can do to help. Maybe one of my colleagues has some old Raypak manuals.
I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
Can you upload a picture of the pilot, burner area? You probably have a millivolt system.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry this has been a waste of time. I've not been satisfied with the service. Not your fault as you just stepped in.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Would you like me to close question? Realize we cannot help you without the proper information since we're not there. I'm thinking all you have is a weak thermopile.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please close it. Was definitely not worth 41 dollars. I'm not trying to be rude. It just didn't workout. Per your policy I will not be charged. Thank you for your time. I don't have the patience to continue.