Poolservice123
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
67374415

I am not getting more than maybe 1 or 2 PSI pressure in my

Customer Question

I am not getting more than maybe 1 or 2 PSI pressure in my filter.
I have done the following: checked and tighten all connections (no leaked), Checked the gasket after pulling the top of the filter head off -no damage. Checked the pressure gage -no problem with it.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am here to help you today. Air coming into the system from a bad gasket or loose connections would not leak but it would cause air bubbles in the pool and low pressure but usually not that low.
Low pressure usually indicates a clog in the system. Either in a pipe from the pool to the pump (is water coming into the pump basket area as it should?) Suspect a vac line or skimmer line so check these for good suction to be present. If this is good then you may have a clogged impeller inside the pump housing. The impeller has "fins" that could get debris stuck in them. This would cause low pressure as the suction of the water is created by the "fins" turning the water. If they have no clean area this cannot happen resulting in low pressure. You would have to remove the pump housing from the motor to be able to inspect the impeller . Also check it for any cracks or broken pieces inside the "fins".