1PoolDoctor
1PoolDoctor, Owner
Experience:  Past President & Regional IPSSA Officer. Over 20 yrs of Swimming Pool/Spa experience in Service, Repairs and Construction.
76328443

Pool Pool return line popup valves are all opening at the

Customer Question

pool Pool return line popup valves are all opening at the same time. They used to open by zone. pool had 5 return water zones. One zone at a time will give more pressure, but now they are all opening at the same time and very low pressure on each. The
automatic rotating system is not functioning right. Please advise
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  1PoolDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Bill. I'm here to help you with your question.
Sounds like you have something wrong with the Hydraulic Port Valve that regulates and changes the cleaning zones.
This probably needs to be inspected/repaired/replaced.
1. Inspecting the Port Valve Assembly and filter screen are the first things to do.
2. If the intake filter screen is broken or missing, debris could be inside preventing the cam from moving properly. Clean out any debris and all should work fine, making sure screen is placed back in good condition.
3. Internal Parts could be worn to prevent cam from moving/seating properly. Visual inspection of these will be needed to determine extent of parts needed.
This should solve your issue.
If you need additional help, I would need to know more specifically what Brand and Model Cleaning System you have.
Thanks, Bill
I see you last reviewed my Answer yesterday morning.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.
I want to make sure I have answered your question well enough that you give me a great rating.
Thanks, Bill