Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

We have a Cal Spas 2100 Electronic Series hot tub.. We

Customer Question

Hi, We have a Cal Spas 2100 Electronic Series hot tub.. We just got it as we bought it used. It is up and running.. but we noticed that the it never shuts off. It reached temperature of 100 degrees last night but the back right jet is still running. I dont see any way to shut the jets off. This is a 2 pump spa. All the jets work when I press jet once it starts in what seems like is high and then when I press jet again, it turns it off high and the back right jet is still on. When I press option it turns the left side jets on and when I press it again, it turns them off. I am sure that it is not supposed to stay running the entire time. I can just imagine how this will effect our electricity bill. Any help you can provide would be great.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, how can I help you today? It sounds like it is in FC mode which is filter continuously. You can change the filter programming and you need to set the filter mode to F-2 thru F-6 at the most. The filter program is designed to run 2 filter cycles 12 hours apart every day so if the spa is programmed for say F-2 it will run 2 two hour cycles 12 hours apart, now if you set it to F-65 that would be 2 six hour cycles a day etc. You need to reference the owners manual to find out the correct button sequence to change filter modes. You can down load an owners manual here. http://calspas.com/manuals/