1PoolDoctor
1PoolDoctor, Owner
Experience:  Past President & Regional IPSSA Officer. Over 20 yrs of Swimming Pool/Spa experience in Service, Repairs and Construction.
76328443

I have a Hayward Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 automation and chlorination

Customer Question

I have a Hayward Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 automation and chlorination system. Last year, the board went bad and I had it replaced. Now the Main Display doesn't respond, and is displaying an error. I can turn the sytem on and off from the remote display. The pool is about 8 years old. My question is, should I replace the local display, or is it time to replace the automation system? These are expensive repairs, and I'd prefer to replace than have expensive components failing and repairing an older system.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  1PoolDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am here to help you with your question.
It could be your display, another bad board or both.
Look for blown fuse, damaged or burnt circuits on the main display board and the main pc board. If you find any, that of course is what needs to be replaced.
Even if you find the damaged part, I'm not happy with the reliability of your system - new or old.
If you are only considering changing your automation system, I only recommend Jandy's Aqualink with Goldline Chlorine Generator. Jandy does one thing very, very well and that is automation systems.
We can continue to communicate here if you need me to answer more questions.
Thanks, Bill
I see you last reviewed my Answer yesterday morning.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.
I want to make sure I have answered your question well enough that you give me a great rating.
Thanks, Bill