Poolservice123
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
67374415

Only the red "low salt light" comes on my Intell

Customer Question

Hey there...only the red "low salt light" comes on my Intellichlor IC40. No other lights are on. When I unplug it at the bottom of the power center, and plug it in again...it cycles on normally, tries to take a salt reading, then ends up going to the low light only (again, no other lights are on). Any idea what this could be?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am here to help you today. The unit is sensing or thinks it is sensing that there is too low of a salt reading to generate chlorine. It will shut itself off to protect itself. How old is the cell? If it has age on it and depending on how much it runs each year and size of pool the cell could be spent. When this happens you will read a lower salt reading that what is actually in the pool. Adding more salt will not fix the problem. Inspect the cell and see if any of the "blades" look worn or shorter than the others. This is a sign of a spent cell. Also, have the water professionally tested to see what the actual reading of the water is. If the cell is new it could either be bad or the Trisensor could have a problem. However, without inspection and a water reading on the salt level we just don't know. Do the menu and read the voltage and amps. If they are low it points to a bad cell as well. Again, none of the other lights will stay on as it is shutting itself off.