TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience:  15 yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
64889713

I was given a hot springs spa, not sure of the year but it

Customer Question

I was given a hot springs spa, not sure of the year but it has an iq2000 circuit board. The power led is lit red, when I change the tempeture the ready light flashes yellow but eventually turns green. The water never actually gets hotter. On the circuit board all three LED's are lit including the Control Unplugged LED.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  TheHotTubGuy replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
My name is ***** ***** allow me a moment to review your question thoroughly.I'll do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.

The ready light will be green only when the tub has reached the SET temp.
The red power light flashing is a tripped hi-limit circuit and is usually a bad circ pump or poor flow from clogged filters perhaps.

The cracked pumps are a sure indication of freeze damage and the leaks underneath is a bad sign. You most certainly have frozen and broken plumbing inside the foam. I know Hot Springs very well and have done literally hundreds of freeze repairs.

This is not a DIY job in most instances and since you got the tub for free, the best help and advice I can give you is to walk away from this project now. I know you may not like this answer, but for $17, I am saving you from a money pit and major disappointment down the road. I do not say this without years of experience in dealing with the exact issue you are facing now. I have a beautiful Hot Springs with freeze damage...and it had good equipment...on a trailer going to the landfill as I type this.

Good luck,

Todd