Poolservice123
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
67374415

I have a 2004 Sundance Optima. It has been functioning well.

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Sundance Optima. It has been functioning well. Recently replaced the Flow Valve and installed new filters and was working well. one day last week I was not able to start the two speed pump from either control pad. The pump operates at low speed during the cycles but it will not turn on or off with the control pad.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has been more than 24 hours since I asked my question, is there a problem?
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am here to help you today. Busy time of year here. Check to see if your spa is in Econ or Energy Saving mode. Many times it gets put in this mode by accident. In the Econ or saver mode, the jet pumps and temperature are not able to be changed. Let me know what mode you are in. Otherwise we are looking at the control pad wires to see that they are secure and the pad is communicating with the spa correctly. IF it's in a regular operating mode, the control pad ribbon connection is snug at both ends, then you will need to replace your control pad. Be sure to replace the overlay (sticker that says, jet, up , down etc.) if it gets worn. This helps to protect the control pad mechanism.